Friday, March 25, 2011

The beginning...

It's been over two years since I've worked but in that time I have accomplished somethings.  The first being that I have finished my bachelor's degree in HR management and Marketing.  I decided against attending the actual ceremony since there really wouldn't be that many people there to celebrate.  The people that would've meant the most to be there have long past.

Writing has become an outlet for me to keep my sanity.  I have self-published a couple of stories under a pen name since they're romance stories.  It isn't a genre that I particularly like to write and I was just seeing how it was.  There's only been one person that has purchased them both so I guess that's a little encouraging.  The genre that I really enjoy is fantasy for young adults.  I know it's a really saturated genre but it's what I love to write about.  Creating my own worlds and using the imagery that has always been in my dreams.

I submitted my first manuscript to different agents and publishers.  Of course, everyone that I sent it to had rejected it.  I was lucky to have one agent give me some advise on the structure and everything in the story.  So now, my 621 page book has turned into something much bigger.  It's become a 3 or 4 book series (depending on how my characters develop).  The first of the books is just about done.  I'm fine tuning the ending and then editing and editing some more.  The covers are going to absolutely amazing since my talented husband will be creating them.

No comments:

Post a Comment